Monday, December 13, 2010

Dear Santa: A Time Machine Please

      Yes, I need a Time Machine. I do not want to go into the past, although it would be good to be able to go back and correct my mistakes that haunt me today.  I do not want to go into the future...it is coming fast enough.  That is the problem.  I want a Time Machine to slow time down.  It is almost the  middle of December and I am frantically attempting to complete the hand crafted Christmas cards that I started making last Christmas!  Ah!  "Procrastination"  my critics say.  I am not denying that, but what about my great-grandchildren who are growing up all to quickly?  Can't I slow that down a bit?  There are little boys I  never had the chance to cuddle, who are now too  big for that sissy stuff.  Beautiful girls turning into beautiful young women  that I would like to still be buying dolls for.  Daughters who  now are grandmothers.  It was just the other day I was sewing prom dresses.  I am aware I have an allotted time here on earth, but please, dear Lord, couldn't that time be slowed down a bit?  Yes, my very own Time Machine would work quite well--will it fit in my stocking?

1 comment: