Tuesday, December 7, 2010

IT'S ME AGAIN!!!

     Two years ago at this very same time of year I became afflicted with Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR). I won't go into detail about the symptoms of PMR, except to say it is very painful and debilitating.  Anyone really curious can "Google" it.  The remedy was immediate large doses of steroids--Prednisone.  The steroids make one's face puffy.  Since I have a round, fat face anyway, I looked like a Halloween pumpkin.  After the initial large doses of Prednisone, it is given in diminishing quantities until  one is weaned off it. Two years later I am down to just one gram, a single pill, a day.  This morning when I looked in the mirror I could actually see  my cheekbones and jaw line!  I'll never again look like I did at thirty and fifty pounds ago, but at least I no longer will be mistaken for a chipmunk!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it's going better for you now! I love the pics of your beautiful art work!

    ReplyDelete